Veterans of Korea

Presented by Members of 51st Signal Battalion
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:42 pm 

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:25 am
Posts: 20
Any Veteran can request His / Her Payroll voucher or record by writing to :

Defense Finance and Accounting Service
Indianapolis Center
Indianapolis , IN. 46249-0130

You MUST provide them with the information they need to locate your files and your entitlement to them.

This is typically done with the enclosure of a Form SF-180 which can be gotten here - or directly from the National Archives, VA or other government website.

You must also supply a copy of your DD Form 214 and provide them with your SSN. Some may have been in the service before SSN were utilized, if that's the case, you should ALSO provide them with your service number RAxxxxxxxx or USxxxxxxxx.

The last attempt to obtain military pay records was denied without a copy of some form of picture identification such as a military id card or state drivers license as proof of identity.

So, get these things together and make sure you include all with your request for military pay records.

Properly filled out SF-180 including all information for them to locate your records. Include in Section II "other" all pay records and the time period you were in service that you want your records for.

Copy of DD-214

Copy of proper picture identification.

Obtaining these records may depend on how well their UNIT / DOA /DOD kept the records and if they are still available for every veteran.

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group